Check out any of the ongoing opportunities listed below, or for volunteering events across the community, check out the regularly updated Fayetteville Give Pulse, a hub for volunteers and the organizations who need them.
City Resources for Sustainable Living
Learn more about the City's composting program, or start composting at home!
Learn more about the City's Recycling and Trash program, what the City recycles, how to prepare your recyclables for collection, and more.
Whether you have curbside recycling service, live in an apartment complex, or own a business, there's a recycling program to suit your needs.
Leave Your Car at Home
Learn about Fayetteville's extensive bicycle and walking trails.
No bike? No problem! Learn about the City's Bike-Share program.
Check out the City's Transit System: all fares inside the City are free!
- Choose Active Transportation and improve your physical, mental, and financial well-being
- Join the thriving Fayetteville Bicycling Community
- Get a Bike Rack at your business or property
- Join one of the fun-filled recreation programs provided by Parks & Rec (opportunities exist for all ages)
- Volunteer! The City of Fayetteville offers several volunteer opportunities, from dog-walking at the Fayetteville Animal shelter to Serving as a Trail Trekker, offering assistance on the City's trails. Click here to learn more about volunteer opportunities.
If you're interested in becoming even more involved in the projects and programs offered by the City, you may be a good fit for an internship in the Sustainability Department. Find out more about internships by contacting the Sustainability Department at 479.575.8268 or by email. Previous Sustainability Department interns have gone on to great careers at the Chamber of Commerce, Washington County, and many City Departments. We are always looking for motivated, curious, hard-working individuals to join the Sustainability team.